Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bookshelf, Blog - Blog, Bookshelf

Once upon a time I moved. After that began the dark times. The era of no bookshelf. Four long years it lasted, until, finally, a brave warrior, traveling to the north, crossed the weathered border between our land and those of the kingdom to the west. From there, he acquired pieces of wood, dark as the eyes of a raven. If correctly assembled, following the guidance of the ancient Ikea, these pieces would become the legendary bookshelf of awesome.

B E H O L D !

So, yeah, I finally have a bookshelf. This also means that I can finally make a post introducing it to you. While also avoiding coming up with anything else to write about here.

(clickeh to see dem biggeh!)

Had to put my Christmas lights somewhere. So. Some books there on the left. Mostly crime novels. Comics too. DVDs on the right. With my Cylon figurine. Next to a DVD tin box featuring a Cylon.

More novels on the left. Mostly archaeology and anthropology on the right. Which is why there is also a dinosaur skeleton figurine. And Egyptian god figurines. And a box containing booze.

A close-up of these jerks.

Some DVDs and games on the left. Along with a collection box. And a Sharpie. More novels on the left, mostly classics. Also a signed Piano Guys CD.

Yeah, a close-up of this. Because I'm sensing there would be questions about that.

The rest of my stuff is somewhere else. And those green boxes I only got few days ago and I haven't quite figured out what to put in them. Knowing me, they will soon include all the stuff I pick up while I'm cleaning but don't really know where to put them right then and there.

Speaking of those boxes, I'm so proud of actually going to get them. I saw them in an ad and the next day I actually went and bought them. I bravely searched and plowed through the pile of folded boxes to get those two! No, seriously, they were folded boxed in a pile of other folded boxes and it was a pain to fish out the size I wanted. It was like no one had ever bothered to organize those things even a little. Looked like they just dumped hundreds of them onto the shelf and then maybe let a horse roll in them just to make sure nothing was even remotely organized. I also learned that a pile of folded boxes can be surprisingly heavy.

End insightful and informative blog transmission. You are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Is that the Sharpie I sent you? It amuses me that it's on display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It was kinda just there and I didn't know where else to put it. So now it's on my shelf. In the tablet pen holder. On the plus side, if I have to write a note to mom, I know the location of at least one easily accessible writing instrument.

      Delete