Thursday, April 18, 2013

BEDA #18 - My Birthday!

Yesterday I turned twenty!

It was overall a very unexciting day. I had class all morning, work all afternoon, and a fair amount of homework to do after I got home. But I will share a few highlights.

Highlight #1: Right before I woke up in the morning, I had a dream that my boyfriend had abruptly turned into a psychopathic serial killer and was out to murder me. It was incredibly vivid and pretty horrifying. But I was incredibly relieved when I woke up.

Highlight #2: I got a midterm back that I did very well on. This was a relief since almost the entire class did horribly on the first one (myself included). I was particularly glad because the data problem, which is worth a lot of the test, seemed to me to be able to be reduced further to fewer underlying representations, but I made the judgment call that it would be strange and wouldn't work too smoothly so I stuck with three. And that judgment call was the correct one!

Highlight #3: My boss at work made me brownies! They were delicious. Additionally, I spent the last hour of "work" chatting with my boss and my coworker. I actually lost track of time and clocked out late.

Highlight #4: I am not sure if I've mentioned this before but I'm currently the co-Editor in Chief of a campus publication called Vagabond. We publish student and staff works written in languages other than English, as well as visual art. We are all new to the group (long story) and really haven't known exactly what we were doing all year. However, WE ARE FINALLY GOING TO PUBLISH. We actually have a layout to be printed and distributed. It's going to be pretty fantastic.

Highlight #5: I went to a new pizza place with some of my friends last night. It was rather Italian in that you purchase a personal pizza that's made in front of your eyes. It was both delicious and relatively inexpensive and I will definitely be returning in the future.

Highlight #6: After we got back from pizza my roommates and I ate some mochi and some mochi ice cream (of which I definitely prefer the non-ice cream sort) and these waffly things called "butter cookies". I also got a Toblerone and a laptop case.

Highlight #7: My boyfriend gave me sunscreen for my birthday, which was exactly what I wanted and asked for. It's getting fairly bright outside and I am fairly pale (and moley).

Overall it was a pretty good birthday. My top birthday activity of choice is just hanging out with people I like. And I got to do that quite a bit! Now it's time to feel slightly old but not THAT old.

Also...does anyone else have a problem with writing the date on their birthday? I kept wanting to write 1993 on things. It was a bit frustrating.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a good day! Congratulations on publishing (and do show us pictures when you do).

    Out of curiosity - what kinda mochi did you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They got ice cream mochi but I prefer the kind with red beans (we had a little of that too).

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete