Friday, May 3, 2013

Mia Tales & Rambles

Here are some random things!

But you just told me it's gross! Why would you even...?
You've all been there, or will be there. Someone tasting someone disgusting and then going "Taste it, it's gross!" to you.

I know, you want to share the experience, have someone truly know what you mean when you say the word gross, to know at least approximately know what kind of an ordeal you just went through. It's a wonderful sentiment, really: you just experienced something amazing, sure it was amazingly gross but amazing nonetheless, and you want to share this experience with a friend. But I think I can deal with not experiencing this one amazingly gross thing with you. Okay, who am I kidding, I'm gonna taste it and if there's another friend around, I'm gonna tell them to taste it too. Because it's gross.

Hostel invasion
In 2008, I visited Italy with our school group. At one point, we stayed in a hostel, in Rome. All the girls shared one room, which was thankfully meant for 20 people. Upon arriving, we found few random items in the room - someone's glasses, a towel, a hairbrush... - but we didn't think much of it. The previous guests probably blissfully forgot them, or didn't care for them. We took them out of the room and carried on with our lives.

Then the night came and we settled into our moderately comfortable beds. Most of us were at least half asleep when suddenly our room door flung open and a group of people we did not know barged in, promptly starting to dig through just about everything in the room. I opened my eyes and all I saw was a strange young woman digging through the area where my bags were. Needless to say, I was pretty alarmed. Some other people in the room started yelling at the strangers, cursing at them, people were quickly awake and angry, ready to attack the invaders. I looked at the young woman confused, she spoke to me anxiously in Italian and I utilized the only bit of Italian I can utter out in confidence: "No parlo italiano" at which point she switched to English. While the ruckus continued in the background, I find out that these people were the previous inhabitants and that they were looking for the stuff we had carelessly thrown out. I calmly told her to ask for them at the reception. The rest of the crowd were practically fighting at this point but the situation quickly calmed down when I told the young woman that we had removed their stuff from the room. One of my class mates even apologized for another classmate who had, in a mix of panic and rage, cussed out one of the "invaders" pretty good.

That hostel really should get its act together. Those people still had their room keys and everything!

There was gonna be a third thing here but I couldn't think of anything
Håhåhåhåhåhå

No comments:

Post a Comment