Sunday, May 5, 2013

CDSM #6: Where, What, Why and When: Whquestions!

Today is especially non-silent! There are two posts today, but if you can read only one, read Sarah's, because it contains cats. I'm just here answering some very great questions (thanks for those) in different categories:

DEPARTMENT OF HISTORIES

What is your favorite ancient text and why?
The Dream of Scipio, by Marcus Tullius Cicero. This is basically Scipio's account of a dream he had, in which his grandfather takes him up to the Milky Way, shows him the universe and predicts the future. Purely from a historian's perspective this is fascinating, because it gives us a glimpse into how the universe was perceived. But it's also very cool in a philosophical way, because one of my favorite parts is when Scipio Maior (grandpa) shows Scipio Minor the Roman Empire, and how insignificant it is if you compare it to the greatness of the universe, and goes on to talk about how unimportant earthly possessions and fame are and what happens to us when we die.

Who would you want to go back in time and meet?
Considering the previous question, obviously Cicero. Also, Socrates, Augustus, Solon, Plato, and HOMER. Homer mostly because it frustrates me to no end that nobody knows who he was or if he even existed. 

DEPARTMENT OF FAVORITE THINGS

What's your favorite whale?
I'm going to assume you are just very loyal to the wh- theme and actually meant 'tale', in which case I'm going to say the Tale of the Three Brothers (also because I am scared of sea creatures).

What's your favorite tree smell?
For this question I actually went outside. In the dark! It was scary! Well, it's becoming apparent that I am a chicken. Anyway, I smelled all the trees (two) in my street and I think the w(h)illow is a w(h)inner. 

DEPARTMENT OF ME

What's one thing you whine about sometimes?
I don't whine a lot, if I may say so myself. I'm one of those glass-half-full kind of people. I actually used to wear a bracelet that read 'Don't whine, but shine!', which is a ridiculous text, but I liked it, because you were supposed to put the bracelet around your other wrist any time you complained about something. Something that sparks annoyance/madness in me, however, is when people say something incredibly mean, and then say 'no offence', as if that somehow makes whatever they said less insulting. I HATE THAT AND IT MAKES ME SCREAM.

Can you whistle?
Yes, I can! But only during the day. (I wear night time braces.)

Who would you like to invite to a dinner party (dead or alive)?
I'm going to go with some friendly people who are also very awesome: J.K. Rowling, Maureen Johnson, Willemijn Verkaik, Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, and also the man outside of the train station who asks for food and only seems to be there when I have neither food nor change with me.

DEPARTMENT OF RANDOM STUFF

Why is the water cold?
I suspect the nargels are behind it.

Where’s Waldo?
Ross says he's behind the elephant.

Where's Wally?
One of the things I like to brag about, is that I know an actual person named Wally. He's a collegue of mine at the restaurant I work at, and whenever we can't find him, somebody will ask 'Where's Wally?'. I find this hilariously funny (He does not). Oh, and he's usually in the storage room.

Stuff?
Is an excellent center back of the Swindon Town Swoodilipoopers.

So, that was all for today! It will now be ghostly silent until tomorrow! *grabs saxophone* *plays scales* 

3 comments:

  1. You're obviously really quiet- I can't hear anything.
    #truestatements
    #logic

    ReplyDelete
  2. *pretends to whisper* YES I AM REALLY SILENT. I BASICALLY NEVER SPEAK OR MAKE ANY NOISE WHATSOEVER. *drops pans* *throws books down a flight of stairs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilde! I have an idea for an awesome project! Historical fiction story about Homer! Then future generations will know everything about Homer's life!

    ReplyDelete