Friday, May 17, 2013

CDSM: More random rambles


The popcorn button
A while ago I was informed that there are microwave ovens with a popcorn button in them (There are also buttons for pizza and the like). I cannot believe there is a button just for popcorn! On the actual oven! This assumes that all popcorn is done in the time frame and settings determined by that single button assigned to it! Actually, with popcorn I might just believe it but with pizza? No. The last I checked, the food industry doesn’t compare and contrast and calibrate their damn food like that. So why waste the time and energy to actually create a button for such? What’s wrong with just the timer and the heat settings? And maybe a button for de-frosting. But a popcorn button? C’mon. Really?

The name Tigernach (Irish)
It doesn’t mean tiger night and it’s pronounced teer-nee. I am disappointed.

Corgis
I feel like they are over-glorified on the intormenets. They are like the new llamas. Just corgis. Everywhere. They got old about as fast as llamas, too. I wonder how much the corgi-breeding business has benefited from this internet craze.  No, wait, no I don’t.

A friend suggested I also discuss spoons in this blog entry, but I don’t feel like I have informed enough an opinion on such a controversial issue as spoons.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, my microwave has a popcorn button and it's never let me down. On the other hand the microwave that was in my rez building... the popcorn button on that was A BLATANT LIE.

    ReplyDelete