Tuesday, April 15, 2014

BEDA 15: It's the last day.

This is a little overdue, but let's ignore that.

As I write this, it's the night before my last ever day of class in university. I almost didn't realise this until like ten minutes ago, and now that it has dawned on me, I haven't decide how I should feel about it. I've been grappling with the idea of finally being done with my undergraduate degree and leaving university for the past semester, often with a rollercoaster of emotions alongside it. But right now - it's just blank. It feels like it should be another day, but the fact is - it's not. In fact, it's pretty momentous. With the exception of sitting for two exams, I never have to set foot in a lecture hall as an undergrad ever again.

I think the main question that I need answered right now is: Where the hell did the last 3 years and 3 months go to? And how the hell did I find myself about to embark into the working world as a... *gasp* adult?

It's weird. It feels like I've outgrown the place, but at the same time, I want so much to cling onto the comfort and familiarity of this place where I've spent so much time in. Where I've learnt, and grown. Made mistakes and friends. Cried and complained. It's been the ups and downs. And in the end, it's the last day and I'll have to bid goodbye to "the best years" of my life.

In the end, the memories have been made and it's time to go. Tomorrow changes nothing.

Some of you have graduated already. Did you feel like your last day was momentous?

No comments:

Post a Comment