Monday, September 17, 2012

This is where I keep my stuff

The slightly creepy but entirely adorable bear on my wall welcomes you to my room! Before we begin this tour, it is advised that you keep your fingers on the left mouse button and your eyes on the screen for safety reasons. Some explanation will be needed for the state of my room. I have the largest room in the house (it's a studio room), so there's a crazy amount of space. As such, both my brother and I store our stuff in the room and use it equally for doing stuff and entertaining guests. I don't actually even spend that much time in the room cause I prefer sitting at my dining table cause there's better Wifi connection. So I'll show you my stuff and the general room area. My brother is moving out soon, so it'll all be mine soon enough. It's all very complicated. 

This is the general area of the room. There's a little bit more behind me where I'm standing, but that's where my brother stores his Lego and it's a mess. So you will pretend it's not there. 


This is my corner where I put some of the stuff, and most of my university books and notes. I never actually sit here, but the table is there if I ever need it. I love it mostly cause it's orange. 



This is a close up of my wall of stuff. There isn't a lot, but it's expanding. Mostly I like to put up tickets from gigs I attend or postcards. The pictures on the left are my class pictures from my five years in high school and my last year of primary school. And then the pictures on the right are just pictures of my friends and family. The larger framed photos are of the peer counselling society I was president of, and my high school graduating class respectively.

                               

 The other desk that is in the room is the one my brother uses for assembling his Lego, which is why it's in my room cause there's no where else to put it in the house. He's a huge Lego fan, but I reckon the picture should explain it.
                                     
And then there's a CD rack for all our CDs. Most of our favourites are kept in the car, but here are some of the rest. Anybody a fan of these bands? : D


Now, the tour will move to my favourite item in the room, the bookshelf! This is located at back part of the room that wasn't in the picture above, which is why you couldn't see it. It's a limited edition one IKEA Billy (yay for Billy fans?) which features Shakespeare quotes all over it.  It's really pretty, and I have no humility in saying so! 















That's pretty much all the I have in my room that's interesting enough to show. As a bonus, I took out my badge collection to show you guys. I keep them in a Bart Simpson lunch box tins, which incidentally is part of my collection of Simpsons tins (I like Simpsons merch). So the middle picture are all of my pins and badges, while the right picture are just the lapel pins on their own. 





And that's a wrap! 

8 comments:


  1. *zooms in on the CDs*
    The Fray - How To Save A Life! I like that song! Haven't listened to others on the album though! Look at you, Buddy Holly, Miles Davis...YARGH! Panic At The Disco! -flees-

    *zooms in on books*
    That's a nice collection of classics you've got! Oh! And an Oxford dictionary! I have one too! :D

    I like your bro's legos. xD I used to like building stuff outta lego too, it was fun playing with them. Some were really cool, especially the Technic sets for Star Wars. I always wanted a Lego Technic - Destroyer Droid but they were/are expensive so...I just settled for looking at the cool Battle Droid one that the son of mom's ex had at the time. (the other son had a Technic Pit Droid) xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it you don't like Panic at the disco! then? :D

      Actually, that isn't the traditional Oxford dictionary. It's the Oxford Psychology Dictionary. I wont it at a competition. Barely ever use it though.

      Lego is fun! And super expensive too. He's taken to ordering them from America/Europe cause somehow it works out to be cheaper. That's why we have stacks and stacks of Amazon boxes in the room.

      Delete
    2. yes. Panic At The Disco sends me running the other way. xD

      Oh that ought to be handy! My Oxford D is a regular dictionary, but yeah, I hardly use it. I prefer googling :P It's faster than digging up a book.

      Delete
    3. They're not that bad! Why don't you like them?

      The Internet really has rendered paper dictionaries (and encyclopaedias) obsolete. Those poor books.

      Delete
  2. My list of yays:
    Yay big scrabble tile!
    Yay Plants vs. Zombies zombie.
    Double yay Lord of the Rings lego!
    Yay Eminem CD!
    Yay Billy - I'd like those with quotes too, but they came out after I already bought all mine...
    Yay Inkspell (Cornelia Funke is one of my favorite authors).
    Yay pin collection! I want that too!!

    ReplyDelete