Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dorm Life


Sunday I finally moved into my dorm (hip hip hooray!).  The past week I've been living here by myself, but tomorrow my single will become a triple and the fun times filled with talking/singing to myself and listening to stuff without headphones will end.  *sigh*

So here's my space!  Let's start with the most interesting part, my desk.  At the top layer, you will find various posters, including a duplicate of the one found in Mulder's office (X-Files) and a drawing of a sheep with the motivational caption, "I'll never be good at anything."  The greenish picture was taken at a summer music program that made me interested in making music my career, the small picture features my friend and I as characters from Star Wars Episode II, and the big frame is home to many pictures and memories with a good friend from high school.  My cactus Fluffy: The Vampire Slaying Cactus also lives on this level.

Next shelf down!  I have two mugs: one is Firefly themed and the other is a senior mug from my high school.  At the foot of the dalek alarm clock is a little woven, DNA-looking twine thing given to me by a long time friend on my last day at home.  The other items are Doctor Who related with the exception of the tiny piano and my Buffy lunch box that is packed full with many different types of tea.


Last level!  There is a printer, basic office supplies, my whiteboard, and a duct tape mat made by my mom (it has my school colors).  I was playing my melodica before I starting taking pictures but decided to keep it out so I could show it off.  Bam, cool melodica!!!
 Under the desk is where my music stuff lives in a crate.  The drawers are filled with supplies and food.

This is the big window that lets in a precious, cold breeze during hot end-of-summer nights.  Below is the microfridge that allows me to make tea and ramen noodles and other assorted college foods.

And here is my bed, where nothing happens because I'm too busy to sleep.  I choose the top bunk because I'm adventurous and want to make my life more complicated.  Behind my bed are cabinets where I keep clothes and other things.  

That is the end of the tour folks!  I hope you all enjoyed seeing my little room.  It probably won't change much over the next few months, I'll just add more posters and books (and possibly turn it into a disaster area during finals).  And now I will sleep.  Good night.





P.S. - Tack is stupid, it is absolutely useless for hanging posters. (Observe below example.)



7 comments:

  1. "I'll never be good at anything" - How motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my teachers has a small I Want To Believe poster in his office. xD He became interested in pseudoscience a year or two ago and got into arguments with pseudoscientists over actual scientific facts...I suspect he got that poster around that time.

    I love seeing people's fandom products! xD

    And it's not the tack's fault! It's not meant to stick onto canvas. Which seems to be what you are trying to tack the poster onto. :U

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm living with a bunch of other people at the moment, but in a house, not a dorm. It's proving to be a most... enlightening experience.

    Keep us posted on how dorm-ing goes for you! WE DEMAND THE JUICIEST OF GOSSIPS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. We expect the FB to fill with rants and vents relating to inconsiderate roommates. And we require gossip of people we do not know. Did Mary sleep with Gary even though she was supposed to be dating Larry? WE MUST KNOW.

      Delete
    2. Don't tell Harry or Barry. They'll surely let Carrie in on it, and we all know how much of a gossip Carrie is. Almost as bad as... uh... Darry?

      I'm sarry. I couldn't help it.

      Delete