Saturday, April 11, 2015

Beda #?: Mia is Out of Ideas, Thanks Universe for People's Questions

  • Where are you right now?
Back at home, under my blanket, pretending the world isn't a thing and my butt isn't feeling oddly cold.
  • What are you doing? Are you working? Are you studying?
I'm pretending I am but a blanket roll, a creature of the bed. I live in bed, all I know is bed. What is study? What is job?
  • How is work?
I don't have one of those things. Also, blanket roll.
  • WHAT IS WORK?
LEAVE ME ALONE I AM BUT A SIMPLE BLANKET ROLL
  • ARE WE ADULTS YET?
CRIES
  • And tell me what you're obsessed with at the moment.
- CSI: Cyber and how bad it is. I swear, if we do a podcast episode, that is what I will talk about. I am determined.
- Dragon Age. No, I am still not over Inquisition feelings, I am going through it for a second time, and I am almost through Dragon Age 2 now as well. I have my characters and by gum I have my headcanons!
- Characters by my friend and I and the related dumb art we make.


  • Any big plans for the next few months?
Absolutely none unless you count constant anxiety, then I have so many plans you guys!

  • What makes you feel nostalgic?
Horses, dinosaurs, cartoons, the smell of sculpey, 80s-90s music...many things! 

But let's talk about 90s music because I've been going through these humongous Spotify playlists for what songs were popular in Finland in the 90s. This because I was making an ultimate playlist for a character of mine and I more or less arbitrarily decided that, though there would be 80s music on it, her playlist would be predominantly gross 90s music. 

The thing is, though I remember the melodies of many 90s songs upon hearing them, I can't actually remember their names, rather lone who performed them...or how the lyrics go. So that is why I had to go through those humongous playlists to find any songs I recognized by actually listening to them. It took me a really long time to pick through them, even when ignoring a fair share of them.  I think I spent most of the day on this stupid thing! And let me tell you, there were songs that were so 90s that they made me want to physically gag a little. 


  • What are you reading?
I haven't actually been reading much at all for the past month. I guess I've been taking a break. Before that I was mostly trying to read through Fortune's Pawn by Rachel Bach. Well, until I went through the Song of Ice and Fire series in audiobook form. Now that I think about it, that may have been the thing that got me to take a break. Eh hheh heh

I've been thinking about listening to The Disaster Artist by Tom Bissell and Greg Sestero , in which Sestero, who played Johnny, tells about the creation process of everyone's favorite horrible movie, The Room. A while back I was linked to an excerpt of it on youtube (you're welcome, again). Honestly, it sounds pretty amazing. The narrator (Sestero himself) imitates Wiseau so well it's like he's actually there.

After I listened to that excerpt, I had to tell my friend about this book - he loves how awful the movie is and by letting him know of this book's existence, it was like I'd handed him the holy grail of The Room trash talk. I didn't originally end up listening to the book, but today my friend recounted some of the things he found out about the movie-making process through it and, yeah, I think I need to listen to it. It sounds like one heck of a fun book for people who enjoy following a train wreck with amusing narration.


  • Apples or Oranges?
Apples. Although I do like OJ. 
Speaking of juice! I want to tell you that I am considering purchasing a blender. We've never owned a blender because we simply haven't needed one, but for a year or so now both mom and I have been wanting one and the other day we were wistfully sighing about how during the summer we could make smoothies. Oh imagine! A hot summer day and putting in some berries, watermelon, juice and, most importantly, ice, and making a refreshing slushy goodness.

My questions for the next blogger:
- What appliance purchases have you been considering?
- How many pillows do you sleep with and do you have a specific order you pile them in? What is your system?
- Do you dream in first person view or in third person view or do your dreams not involve you at all most of the time? Does your dream self look like you?
- If all the chocolate Easter animals came to life, craving human flesh, how would you handle that? (I know you just thought about eating them all. I know. But would you eat a chocolate bunny that's been eating people? WOULD YOU? Or would you maybe figure out something else. Would that something else work? I have provided only poorly defined monsters! You must go on without me!)



1 comment:

  1. Oh man, the Disaster Artist is great. I totally recommend it.

    ReplyDelete