Thursday, April 16, 2015

BEDA...something?: An attempt at procrastination

I completely forgot about my turn to blog. And then I decided I wanted to procrastinate from my ever increasing mound of work, so I figured I would do it now. Even though it's not my day, but then again, we've mostly failed quite spectacularly at the whole blog "everyday" business. 

Nonetheless, here goes. 

  • Where are you right now?
Nowhere. Everywhere. Somewhere. 

  • What are you doing? Are you working? Are you studying?
I am a corporate slave. 

  • How is work?
It's fun and challenging. It's tiring. It's also a lot of bullshit. 

  • WHAT IS WORK?
It is what I do to fill my weekdays because it is socially unacceptable for me to survive off my parent's money and use my time to scroll through the internet. But to be more specific, I do talent assessments for selection and development purposes in corporations. I.e. I play with personality testing, observe people and judge them. 

  • ARE WE ADULTS YET?
I've come to terms that adults are simply people who have figured out how to pretend very well. Adulthood is a lie. But I will continue to believe that when I become an adult, I will have infinite wisdom. My wisdom remains very much finite. So.. no, not yet. 

  • And tell me what you're obsessed with at the moment.
Getting as much sleep as remotely possible. 

  • Any big plans for the next few months?
Continue to survive. Apply for post-grad. Try not to get fired. 

  • What makes you feel nostalgic?
90s music. 

  • What are you reading?
The Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How we lie to everyone -- Especially Ourselves by Dan Ariely. It's pretty good. We're all liars, and that's pretty much it. 

  • Apples or Oranges?
Apples. always. Except when it comes to phones. 

  • What appliance purchases have you been considering?
I've been needing to buy a new microwave since mine died a while ago. They're quite magical. 

  • How many pillows do you sleep with and do you have a specific order you pile them in? What is your system?
Too many. Like.. 5. As long as they take up more than 50% of the space on my bed, they're good. I enjoy feeling cocooned by pillows. 

  • If all the chocolate Easter animals came to life, craving human flesh, how would you handle that? (I know you just thought about eating them all. I know. But would you eat a chocolate bunny that's been eating people? WOULD YOU? Or would you maybe figure out something else. Would that something else work? I have provided only poorly defined monsters! You must go on without me!)
I would probably still eat them. Chocolate is chocolate. But my questions would be if this be worse than the zombie apocalypse? Does this count as a zombie apocalypse?  Oh I might carry a blow-drier around. Melt them as they come. Would that work? 
  • Do you dream in first person view or in third person view or do your dreams not involve you at all most of the time? Does your dream self look like you? 
This is too difficult a question and requires too much thinking. I sleep. That's the most important part. 


And that was a wall of answers to questions I just wanted to answer so I wouldn't have to look at emails. Who will read this? Who knows? Should there be more questions? Of course there should be. 

  • If you have to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  • Would you rather be deaf or blind? 
  • How are you? 
Cheerio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment