Thursday, April 26, 2012

Why today is a good day



Ladies, gentlemen, today I'm having an especially nice day and I thought I should tell you about it. Nothing really special happened, but there were a couple of nice moments that just put me in a great mood (and I don't have those days often lately).
I slept like hell last night because I had a terrible headache that kept waking me up, so I'm a bit surprised myself that this day actually turned out nice (usually I'm in a bad mood the whole day when I sleep badly).

Today is a good day because...

~ it's warm and sunny and I was walking around only in T-Shirt (and pants).

~ everybody seems to be super friendly today, all the salespeople in the shops are nice and wish me a good day and I'm happy and wish them a good day back.

~ I helped a woman who didn't remember the german word for tissue (it's Serviette) and the sales girl didn't know what tissue means.

~ I ate frozen yoghurt with mango flavor in the new Frozen Yoghurt shop that recently opened here. It was very yummy.

~ I got a yellow rose as a bribe gift because we are electing a new major on Sunday.

~ I managed to test the headphones I want to buy, which is a longer story: I want new headphones (on-ear, big ones), but I don't want to buy them without trying, because then they are surely uncomfortable or have bad sound quality or something else. I already narrowed the choice to two headphones on Amazon (Amazon <3) and went to Saturn (an electronics shop) to see if they have those. They had them both, but packed. So I asked if I can try them, but apparently they are "hygienic articles" that can't be opened bla bla bla. But the music guy there said he has one of them in the room in the back because AKG (the brand) sent it to him or whatever, so he brought them for me so I could test them (which was a good decision, because they were even uncomfortable after a minute of testing). The other ones they didn't have, so I thought I could drive to the other electronics shop, Media Markt, to see if they have them. They actually did, AND unpacked, AND they were reorganizing the shop so they were not plugged and I was able to plug them to my iPhone to test them (when they are normally plugged, you can't use your own device and the sample songs they have there are really crappy quality, so you can't really say much about the headphones).
What's even better is that they cost 59,99€ in the shops and 30€ in Poland, so my boyfriend will order them for me and I can save a lot of money. Gotta love the cheap countries in eastern Europe!

~ I got an email that the meeting for a neurotraumatology course I thought I missed last week was move to today.

~ I got the result for the emergency medicine course + test we had last week and I have a 1 (best mark).

~ I had an awesome forensic medicine class today, where they showed us 3D reconstructions they can do from CT images. It's like in CSI or Bones, just... realistic. SO. AWESOME.

~ a drugstore here gives you 3% of the money you spend back and I found a voucher for 0,66€ in the trash in front of it. Might not sound much, but bought me the text marker I needed. Free textmarker!

~ the book I ordered arrived.

~ my cat didn't bring a mouse in two days.

~ I'm invited for dinner at my aunt's place.

~ my parents are in Spain and I enjoy being alone in the house very much.

~ the weekend is a long weekend (5 days) because May 1st is a national holiday.

Yup, that's it. How was your day, did anything good happen to you lately? :)

DFTBA,
Sarah

13 comments:

  1. That's so great that you had a good day! Sounds incredibly awesome possum. Congratulations on the result and text marker! (It's called a highlighter here though).

    I had a good day myself cause my last exam paper for the semester was today. The paper itself wasn't great, but the day is good cause it means we have a two week break! My friends and I went for dinner in celebration as well as for some birthday celebrations as well which was fun. TGI Fridays was having ladies night so all the girls had free drinks at the bar, so that was a nice surprise! Good day all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, free drinks! I'd love free drinks, but we never have that anywhere... we also don't have a TGI Fridays and I'd like that, oh well.

    It's called text marker in German and probably only in German. It makes sense, though. Sometimes Germans make up English words for things, like "Handy" for mobile phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't drink much, so I didn't know free drinks existed. I kept asking my friend whether there was a catch to it lol.

      Well a lot of people do call it handphone, so I guess that makes sense too!

      Delete
  3. I don't want to ruin the party but I'm having really bad days... tests are coming (also winter) and I'm feeling really sick. Stomach, throat and a little fever here and there and every doctor says something diferent and I have to prepare my exams. So... yeah... But well, At least I spend my day studying biology and watching the wire (I got the dvds recently).Clearly It could be worse.

    By the way, congratulations on the 1! It's funny because our system works in the other way, the 10 is the best and the 1 is what you get for assistance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you are not feeling well, I imagine it's terrible to prepare for exams when you are sick :(
      Is biology finally what imagined and wanted?

      Delete
    2. I hope you feel better, Lucas!

      Delete
    3. Thank you,ladies! Yeah, I'm really liking it. Well, my physics class is giving me serious headaches but apart from that it's awesome.Also the real fun starts in the second half of the year, when i start having lab hours... I still miss the touch of dead flesh... (Yeah, I love being creepy)

      Delete
  4. PANTS? BLASPHEMY.

    You know that serviette bit reminds me of the time I was traveling through Germany. I had a flu so I was desperate for some nasal spray. We stopped by in Wittenberg to check out the castle and I strayed to find a pharmacy. You'd think the service people spoke a little English near a tourist trap but nooo, not a word it seemed. Thank god I spotted what I wanted from the shelf and was able to utter out 'Nasic'. xD Another wonderful moment was when I tried to order at McDonalds (a place I didn't wanna eat at in the first place). You know, no matter how loud and how many times you say the word pommes to me, I will not know what you mean! (After that incident I sure knew what pommes meant...my pal did too, so much so that she forgot the English word for them and tried to order 'pommes' in Italy thoroughly confusing the waiter xD )

    And yay for the long weekend! We have the same deal here. Walpurgis Day (May Day). We have celebrations on Monday that I'm gonna partake, or that's the plan anyways. It's an annual thing for students. But I'm not gonna ramble more about those shenanigans since I might actually write my freestyle post about it, if I have the energy to.

    Aaanyhoooo...My day has been so and so today. Started off crappy with someone drilling before 7.30AM. The noise is really goddamn loud in an apt building with concrete walls. It's horrendous, in every room it sounds like they were drilling riiight next to your damn ear. Try and sleep at that point. I went to sleep late and had to get up at 8AM so I was grumpy I lost a chunk of the small amount of sleep I could have had.

    So, I got up, browsed online and then visited granny to get some grandma-made doughnuts and pastries for Walpurgis Day. Now I'm back home, hanging out until I'm off to a small, local nerdfighter gathering.

    Oh, and it's been raining all day and of course my mother has my rain coat because she doesn't have her own. Hence I'm stuck with an umbrella and those aren't particularly helpful when it's windy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think May 1st is a holiday everywhere!

      Delete
    2. I like that you stick to your principles... We are not going to accept pants under any condition, not even in the particular happy days, we need to end with the opression of the pants. I'm a part of the "Toga Solution", but that's just a small faction of the "No Pants Movement".

      Delete
    3. Can I wear jogging pants if the most jogging I even do is to walk between fridge and computer?

      Delete
    4. @Millie: I'm not sure it is, at least the kind where you get a day off or anything like that. In Canada as I understand, and I don't think US has it as much of a holiday either.

      @Lucas: I accept PJ pants, I'm not an extremist.

      Delete
  5. PANTS ARE BLASPHEMOUS!

    As for me, I haven't done anything really exciting. The Boyfriend gets back home in two days, my roommate moves out in two days and all I want to do is be lazy... but everyone is forcing me to be productive.

    But I guess it's for the best.

    ReplyDelete