Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quick post : Cowboys Vs Farmers

Soooooooo I didn't manage to make a post last week but I think I only had one question to answer which went a little like this:

What careers can you gain from Countryside Management?

Basically many many different jobs can be got through this degree. The one I am looking to get is a job in Forestry. You can do all sorts though, you can become a park warden or a ranger, you can go into conservation or you can go into different recreation businesses in the countryside. Basically it gives you a good foothold for any job related to the countryside. But i am more interested in the woodland aspect so am hoping to go into the Forestry Commission. most of the jobs are outdoors and hands-on jobs which I love so it is all good for me ^^

Now swiftly onto this fortnights theme of what we wanted to be when we were little. I wanted to be a cowgirl. I was a little in love with John Wayne films when I was little and still am now. I really wanted to become a cowgirl and live in the Wild West. Sadly though I don't think that was ever likely to happen. Otherwise I wanted to become a farmer like my grandad was. I am in love with farms. Specifically livestock farms. I would have loved to grow up on a farm but sadly was not meant to be.

But ahh well. I would have made a great farmer. I talk like one in real life and go to an Agricultural university so I am half way there.

Short post is short but I need to go and sort out things to take back to university when I return there next week. Have had Easter Break and am really wanting to return right now. I miss uni so so much right now ><

2 comments:

  1. I bet Countryside Management is the right way to go if you want to be a cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ay, probably the closest you can get, without setting up a farm, wearing a stetson, and rocking worn out jeans. :P

      I envy your love of nature and the out doors, Kate. I quite like animals, and I did horse riding for many years and absolutely loved it (still love the smell of stables etc.), but I have a limit to how much I wanna hang out in the great outdoors, unless it's an aesthetically pleasing place with little no to bugs that bite you like the bastards they are. Not a particularly good trait in my field but what can you do.

      It's amazing how little I care about bugs after I'm beat at an excavation and just wanna straighten my back for a moment, though. Some day I will probably get to a point where I'll just flop over onto an ant hill and not give a damn because it would mean I'd have to get up. xD

      Delete