Sunday, June 30, 2013

All revved up with no place to go

The problem with a small music festival is that after spending money to see the headlining act one feels obliged to watch the warm up acts and wander the other stages.

So here I am, sipping a rum and ginger beer, listening to some incredibly good music from someone I've never heard of. The price of this good music is of course opening myself up to being ripped off (the rum and ginger was £6).

On the other hand- good music. My knowledge of musicians is awful. Looking down the line up I realize that it takes someone of Bruce Springsteen proportions for me to recognize. Luckily he's the headline act.

So mixed mood right now, but the Boss is on in 3 and a half hours. If anyone has any tips for meeting people at festivals, now is the time.

And in case you're wandering, no; Meatloaf isn't here, that song just popped into my head as an appropriate title.

No comments:

Post a Comment